Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Summer Weight Loss Made Easy
You will save yourself a lot of heartache if you plan for summer weight loss. If you make some simple adjustments to your habitual diet and resolve to exercise regularly for at least 5 days a week you will achieve a natural weight loss. The suggestions given here can easily be followed throughout the year and you will be a happy person when you see the change it makes in your health and looks.
Diets alone do not produce a sustainable weight loss. The most efficient way to decrease and maintain long term low body fat is through healthy diet and exercises. Weight loss has two vital components: (1) cut down intake of excess calories which increase fat in the body; (2) exercise the body which will help in burning body fat. The process of energy production in cells in your body is called Metabolism; greater the rate of metabolism is more is the fat you burn helping weight loss. Remember that fat loss takes patience and persistence.
Following suggestions for your diet are not only for summer weight loss. They are simple to follow and could be followed throughout the year with benefits.
• Water is an essential component of the body and performs vital functions in your system
Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day;
It is a natural suppressant of appetite;
It helps kidneys remove toxins and thus helps liver metabolize more fat;
One gallon of cold water is equivalent to running 3 miles as far as burning calories is concerned.
• Eat four or five times a day – smaller portions -instead of two or three times; this will help burn fat and lose weight;
• Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, peas, lentils, nuts. They are high in fiber. Fiber content helps decrease sugar craving. Cuts down fat absorption and also works as an appetite suppressant.
• Alcohol slows metabolism of the body and helps the body in storing fat.
• Saturated fats and sugar are strictly no-no for weight watchers.
• Consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids increases metabolism, energy levels and thus, is helpful in weight loss. Increase use of Fish ands flaxseed oils;
• Certain spices such as pepper, ginger, mustard increase metabolism; Cinnamon, bay leaf, and clove help decrease sugar cravings.
Two types of exercisers, performed for about 20 to 30 minutes a day, are necessary for a healthy body. Exercises may be performed in the morning or evening.
• Muscular exercises are an efficient way of increasing metabolism. During muscular training the muscles are broken down and more is the need of energy for metabolism to repair the damage. Thus body fat is used up to do perform this repair activity when your body is resting;
• Cardiovascular Aerobic exercises directly burn fat. Exercises performed before a meal help suppress appetite and increase metabolism.
The above suggestions can be implemented by anybody, at any time to lose weight; they are helpful for summer weight loss too.